Monday, August 15, 2011

Cucumber Yogurt Salad (or Dip!)


I never thought I could have too many cucumbers, but with my vines doing so well this year I'm finding it hard to keep up with the cucumber (or two) a day that need picking and eating.  This simple little salad is a classic and fresh way to use them up.  I quite like it for breakfast, as my sweet tooth is not always an early riser.  To make it into a dip simply mince the cucumbers or send them through a food processor.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups chopped cucumber (half quarted, half chopped more finely)
- 1/2 c. minced red onion
- 1/2 c. chopped dill
- 3/4 c. greek yogurt (I used 0%)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. paprika (optional)

Directions:
- Umm...  combine everything and stir.

If you like a thicker texture, don't let the cucumbers sit in the yogurt for more than 2-3 hours prior to serving.  For dip, I recommend squeezing out some of the excess water from the cucumbers.  It will taste good, regardless, but I found it to get a little soupy after a day in the fridge.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment