Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lost Recipes

Since I'm in bed with a cold with limited coherency, (you have no idea how long it took me to type that), I decided to clean out my photo files.  We'll see if that was a good idea when I'm feeling better.

Here are some dishes from a while back that I just had to admit I'd never take the time to remember and write out.  Farewell, lost recipes.  Perhaps we'll meet again.


This was the first souffle I ever made.  It's from Savory Baking, an awesome book, and involved butternut squash.


These are some savory dill muffins, also from Savory Baking.  I still have my notes and I think I'll revisit this and tweak it to be more to my liking when my dill plants are large enough.


French green lentil seasoned with whole grain mustard and cumin, arugula sauteed with garlic, paprika shrimp.  Or something like that.


This was a 'middle-eastern risotto'.  An array of spices and chick peas influenced the risotto (I think the texture needed a bit of work, though), honey glazed spinach, and seared duck sausage.


Creamy pearl couscous with grilled zucchini and green beans.  Very simple, very satisfying.


This was just a particularly giant artichoke, (seriously, the biggest I've ever seen), that looked nifty as it steamed.

And that's all she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment