Saturday, April 2, 2011
Last Minute Banana Tart!
When I make pie dough, I often make a double batch. It's just as easy and being able to stash the extra away in the freezer for future use is worth the effort. The only trick is being sure to give it long enough to thaw. If you remember to do that, you can throw together any number of last minute tarts, like this banana tart.
- Roll out your tart dough and place it in a 9" tart pan and roll over the edges.
- Slice 2-3 large bananas in 1/4" slices and layer them in the tart shell (2-3 layers). I suppose you could just dump them in if you were really in a hurry, but we like things pretty around here.
- Whisk together 1 egg, 1/2 cup cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 shakes ground cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp vanilla.
- Pour the liquid over the bananas.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven about 30 minutes, until the crust and top is golden.
- To be decadent, serve warm with vanilla ice cream.