This is a really easy meal that can be thrown together on a weeknight after work, perfect for a mild summer night with a side salad of cucumbers and tomatoes. Adding just a dash of cream to the couscous makes it almost seem like time-consuming risotto.
- Season a chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan on high, add just a little butter, and sear the chicken breast.
- Reduce heat and cook the chicken for a few minutes, turning over once.
- Add 1/2 c. pearl couscous to toast to a golden brown.
- Add the juice of one lemon and 3/4 c. vegetable or chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add about 2 tbsp cream and stir.
- Add 1/2 c. chopped green onion and 1 c. baby spinach.
- After plating the dish I like to toast the few remaining morsels of couscous in the pan until they are crispy for a garnish of contrasting texture.
Serves two. Enjoy!